Welcome to my cookbook! I have several recipes that folks have asked for, so I decided to post them here. Some are included in the ward cookbook, but many of them are things I found after that was published so I wanted a place to put them so my family had access to them. I'll add to this as I find things that I think need to be shared. If you have a recipe you'd like to add, let me know and I'll add you as a contributor.

Friday, January 18, 2013

Creme Fraiche

I've often seen recipes that call for this but I didn't know what it was or if there was something I could use instead.  It was nice to see this recipe in a magazine because it gave a substitution to use in a pinch, but also a way to make it so you can have it on hand because apparently it's amazing stuff but it's expensive.  (And the substitution is only sour cream, which isn't as creamy and also curdles if it gets too hot.)

Creme Fraiche

1 cup heavy cream
3 tbs. buttermilk

Pour cream into a clean glass jar with a tight lid.  Stir in buttermilk until well blended and cover jar. Let it stand at room temperature for at least 12 hours and up to 24 hours.  (until cream has thickened.)  Store in fridge up to 2 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment