Welcome to my cookbook! I have several recipes that folks have asked for, so I decided to post them here. Some are included in the ward cookbook, but many of them are things I found after that was published so I wanted a place to put them so my family had access to them. I'll add to this as I find things that I think need to be shared. If you have a recipe you'd like to add, let me know and I'll add you as a contributor.

Saturday, January 5, 2013

3 2 1 Cake


Mix an angel food cake mix and any other flavor of mix that you like in a bowl (chocolate, carrot, cherry, white, etc.) Just the dry mix, nothing else. Put the mix in a storage container.  When ready to cook do this: In a mug put 3 TBS of mix, 2 TBS of water and cook 1 minute in the microwave. (That’s the 3 2 1 in the title.) 

I am going to try it with drizzling a tablespoon of hot fudge topping or hot caramel topping over the mixture right before microwaving it, just like those commercial ones.  I have high hopes for this, because the problem with the other “cake in a mug” recipes that I’ve tried is that they either have no egg at all, which makes for a poor quality, or they have a whole egg, which is way too much for one serving of cake. By mixing the angel food cake mix with whichever other flavor of cake you’re looking to have for your snack, that should take care of that problem.  

No comments:

Post a Comment