Welcome to my cookbook! I have several recipes that folks have asked for, so I decided to post them here. Some are included in the ward cookbook, but many of them are things I found after that was published so I wanted a place to put them so my family had access to them. I'll add to this as I find things that I think need to be shared. If you have a recipe you'd like to add, let me know and I'll add you as a contributor.

Monday, January 28, 2013

Amy's Chile Verde


2 jalapenos
2 anaheims
2 lbs tomatillos (papery outside peeled off.)
5 cloves garlic
1 onion, minced
3 cloves garlic, pasted
2 lbs cubed pork, sprinkled with salt and pepper
Oil for sautéing onion, garlic, and pork
1 bunch cilantro
2 cans (4 cups) chicken stock
Palmful of oregano
Dash of ground cloves

Roast first four ingredients till outsides char.  Brown onions and garlic in oil, add salted and peppered pork chunks and fry till brown.  Blend cilantro and all roasted vegetables.  Add to the pot.  Add chicken stock, oregano, and cloves.  Simmer 2 hours or until liquid reduces by 1 inch.  Serve with chips, rice, or tortillas, topped with sour cream, cheese, etc.  You can also use this to smother burritos, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment