Welcome to my cookbook! I have several recipes that folks have asked for, so I decided to post them here. Some are included in the ward cookbook, but many of them are things I found after that was published so I wanted a place to put them so my family had access to them. I'll add to this as I find things that I think need to be shared. If you have a recipe you'd like to add, let me know and I'll add you as a contributor.

Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Chicken parmigiana casserole


  • 4 chicken breasts, butterflied
  • 1.5 cup panko bread crumb
  • 1 cup parmesan cheese fresh grated
  • 1 cup mozzarella
  • 3 tablespoons parsley
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1/2 bunch basil fresh chopped
  • 2.5 cups marinara sauce
  • salt and pepper to taste

In an 8x8 baking dish, spread marinara sauce evenly on the bottom, then layer mozzarella and basil evenly on top. Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper to taste, then place evenly into pan over mozzarella. Really. Put the chicken edge to edge. In a bowl mix panko, parmesan, parsley, and oregano. Sprinkle evenly over chicken then bake at 375 °F for 1 hour. Cut into squares with a very sharp knife to serve.  enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment