Welcome to my cookbook! I have several recipes that folks have asked for, so I decided to post them here. Some are included in the ward cookbook, but many of them are things I found after that was published so I wanted a place to put them so my family had access to them. I'll add to this as I find things that I think need to be shared. If you have a recipe you'd like to add, let me know and I'll add you as a contributor.

Sunday, September 10, 2017

Olive Garden Chicken Vino Bianco



1/2 pound dried linguine
3/4 cup all-purpose flour, divided
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, divided
1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/2 medium yellow onion, grated
5 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 cup white wine, (I used Chardonnay)
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
2 scallions, chopped (divided)
2 Roma tomatoes, diced (divided)
1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese

Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add linguine. Cook until al dente (tender but still with a bite to it), about 8-10 minutes. Reserve 1 cup pasta water. Drain pasta, set aside.

Meanwhile: in a pie plate or shallow dish, combine 1/2 cup flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Stir with a fork to blend. Place the chicken breasts in the flour mixture, one at a time. Press the chicken into the mixture with tongs and flip the chicken over to coat the other side. Shake off the excess.

Add oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place all 4 chicken breasts in the skillet and cook until golden brown on both sides and cooked through, turning once between cooking, about 8-10 minutes. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.

Add butter, onion and garlic to the pan. Cook until onions are translucent, about 2 minutes. Add 1/4 cup remaining flour to pan and whisk to combine. Add cream, lemon juice, wine, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese. Whisk until mixture is smooth. Add up to 1 cup of pasta water to help create the sauce.

Add cooked pasta, half of scallions and half of tomatoes, stir to combine. Return chicken to skillet and allow it to warm. Sprinkle remaining scallions and tomatoes on top of skillet.

No comments:

Post a Comment