Welcome to my cookbook! I have several recipes that folks have asked for, so I decided to post them here. Some are included in the ward cookbook, but many of them are things I found after that was published so I wanted a place to put them so my family had access to them. I'll add to this as I find things that I think need to be shared. If you have a recipe you'd like to add, let me know and I'll add you as a contributor.

Monday, May 19, 2014

Chipotle Lime Butter Whole Roasted Chicken

1 (5-pound) whole chicken, giblets removed
4 tablespoons butter, softened
2 tablespoons adobo sauce from a can of chipotle peppers in adobo
2 limes, zest freshly grated and limes cut in half
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons olive oil
3/4 tsp pepper
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika (If you can't find it, use part regular paprika and part cumin)
1/2 teaspoon chili powder

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Pat the chicken completely dry with paper towels. In a small bowl, mash together the butter, adobo sauce, lime zest and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Lift the skin over top of the chicken breast and stuff the butter mixture underneath, dispersing it over the chicken breasts and legs. Be gentle so the skin doesn't rip. Cover the outside of the whole chicken with the olive oil (rub it down all over!) and sprinkle it evenly with the remaining salt, pepper, paprika and chili powder. Stuff the lime halves inside the cavity of the chicken.  Place the chicken in a roasting pan or baking dish and roast for 75 minutes, or until the juices run clear when you slice into the leg.

Remove the chicken from the oven and let it rest for 10 to 15 minutes. Slice the chicken and serve it with corn and black bean salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment