Welcome to my cookbook! I have several recipes that folks have asked for, so I decided to post them here. Some are included in the ward cookbook, but many of them are things I found after that was published so I wanted a place to put them so my family had access to them. I'll add to this as I find things that I think need to be shared. If you have a recipe you'd like to add, let me know and I'll add you as a contributor.

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Buttermilk syrup

  • This stuff is so good I will never eat maple syrup again. Or whatever it is that passes for maple syrup at the grocery store. I think it's even better than real maple syrup, but then I never was a fan of that, though I know many people love it. Use it for pancakes, French toast, waffles, or whatever else you use syrup for.

  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup buttermilk
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  1. Combine butter, sugar and buttermilk in a medium saucepan over medium heat until sugar completely dissolves. Then remove from heat and add baking soda and vanilla. Stir to combine. Syrup will foam up. Don't be alarmed.
  2. David made this for a Mother's Day breakfast for Sarah, Carolyn, and me, and it was absolutely spectacular.

No comments:

Post a Comment