Welcome to my cookbook! I have several recipes that folks have asked for, so I decided to post them here. Some are included in the ward cookbook, but many of them are things I found after that was published so I wanted a place to put them so my family had access to them. I'll add to this as I find things that I think need to be shared. If you have a recipe you'd like to add, let me know and I'll add you as a contributor.

Monday, May 19, 2014

Avocado hollandaise and eggs benedict

avocado hollandaise

1 ripe avocado
1 lemon, juiced
1/3 cup hot water
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper

Add the avocado, lemon juice and hot water into blender and blend until smooth, scraping down the sides if needed. With the blender running on high, stream in the olive oil slowly. Continue to blend until pureed and smooth.

​For Avocado Eggs Benedict​:

6 slices bacon, fried
6 eggs, poached
​6 slices of toasted bread (sourdough is good)​
a pinch of red pepper flakes
fresh herbs or chives ​ for garnish

Poach the eggs and put the ​toast on the plate. Break a piece of bacon and set it on top of the toast​ and cover with a poached egg. Pour the avocado hollandaise on ​top and sprinkle on some crushed red pepper. Top it off with some fresh herbs or chives​ if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment