Welcome to my cookbook! I have several recipes that folks have asked for, so I decided to post them here. Some are included in the ward cookbook, but many of them are things I found after that was published so I wanted a place to put them so my family had access to them. I'll add to this as I find things that I think need to be shared. If you have a recipe you'd like to add, let me know and I'll add you as a contributor.

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Ginger Crinkles (Cookies)

2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon ground cloves
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 ½ sticks butter, slightly softened
¼ cup Molasses
1 large egg
Scant ¼ cup finely diced crystallized ginger
1 1/3 cup granulated vanilla sugar

1. Whisk together the flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, cloves and salt in a small bowl.
2. Whip the butter and sugar until lightly and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl frequently.
3. Add the flour mixture and beat until just combined.  Fold the crystallized ginger into the cookie dough with a rubber spatula. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
4. Preheat the oven to 375˚F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.  Put the Bourbon Vanilla Sugar into a small shallow bowl. Shape dough by tablespoonfuls into balls and roll lightly in the vanilla sugar. Place the balls on the prepared baking sheets 2-inches apart and bake on the lower middle rack in the oven for 7 to 9 minutes. The cookies should be golden brown and still slightly soft in the center. Let cookies cool on the baking sheet set on a baking rack for 2 minutes then remove cookies to a baking rack to cool a few minutes longer.

Yields:  About 3 dozen 

No comments:

Post a Comment