Welcome to my cookbook! I have several recipes that folks have asked for, so I decided to post them here. Some are included in the ward cookbook, but many of them are things I found after that was published so I wanted a place to put them so my family had access to them. I'll add to this as I find things that I think need to be shared. If you have a recipe you'd like to add, let me know and I'll add you as a contributor.

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Chipotle Butter

1/2 c butter, softened (one cube)
1-2 canned chipotle peppers, diced (seeds removed, if desired)
2 Tbsp sauce that comes with the peppers
1 Tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
1 Tbsp chopped, fresh cilantro
Dash garlic powder
1
In a small bowl whip the butter, with an electric mixer, until smooth and fluffy. Add the minced peppers, chipotle sauce, lime juice, cilantro, and garlic powder. Whip until incorporated. Transfer to a serving bowl, cover and chill. (The longer it sits, the deeper the color and richer the flavor.) Just before serving put a teaspoon of the cold butter on cooked steak or burgers and allow it to melt over the top. For bread, leave softened for easier spreading. Makes 24 servings.

It might sound weird to put this on meat, but when I worked at Lone Star, they "jucied" every steak before it was served, and their "juice" consisted of equal parts lemon juice and butter.  (Actually, I believe it was a butter substitute, but you get the main idea.)  Anyway, this sounds good and I think it'd be great spread on an opened sourdough loaf and grilled under the broiler.  

No comments:

Post a Comment