Welcome to my cookbook! I have several recipes that folks have asked for, so I decided to post them here. Some are included in the ward cookbook, but many of them are things I found after that was published so I wanted a place to put them so my family had access to them. I'll add to this as I find things that I think need to be shared. If you have a recipe you'd like to add, let me know and I'll add you as a contributor.

Friday, November 29, 2019

Southwestern quiche

Ingredients

cooking spray
8 canned whole green chiles, or more to taste
7 eggs
1/2 cup chopped onions
3 tablespoons heavy cream
3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 pound sharp Cheddar cheese, cubed
2 tomatoes, sliced, or to taste (optional)

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Spray a pie plate with cooking spray. Cut chiles lengthwise into strips. Line strips over the bottom of pie plate to form a crust, placing pointed ends toward the center. Beat eggs in a bowl and mix in onions, cream, garlic salt, cumin, and pepper. Fold in Cheddar cheese. Layer tomatoes over the chile 'crust,' and pour egg mixture on top. Bake in the preheated oven until quiche is set, 30 to 35 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment