Welcome to my cookbook! I have several recipes that folks have asked for, so I decided to post them here. Some are included in the ward cookbook, but many of them are things I found after that was published so I wanted a place to put them so my family had access to them. I'll add to this as I find things that I think need to be shared. If you have a recipe you'd like to add, let me know and I'll add you as a contributor.

Friday, November 29, 2019

Harvest Chex mix

Ingredients
For the Sauce:
  • ¾ cup Butter, melted
  • ¾ cup Brown Sugar, packed
  • 2 Tablespoons Vanilla Extract

For the Mix:
  • 1 box Rice Chex [365g (12 oz)]
  • 1 bag Bugles [213g (7 oz) bag]
  • 4 cups Pretzels
  • 1 heaping cup Candy Corn
  • 1 heaping cup Candy Corn Pumpkins
  • 1 bag Reese's Pieces [230g (8oz)]
Instructions
  1. Preheat the oven to 275°F.
  2. Melt the butter in the microwave in medium bowl or measuring cup.
  3. Add the brown sugar and vanilla extract and whisk well until combined and dissolved.
  4. In a VERY large bowl, add the Chex cereal, pretzels and Bugles.
  5. Pour the sauce over the cereal mixture and toss gently until evenly coated.
  6. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
  7. Divide mixture on the two baking sheets and spread in even layers.
  8. Bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
  9. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool. Then add it to a large bowl, along with the candy corn, pumpkins and Reese's Pieces. Toss to combine.
  10. Store in airtight container

No comments:

Post a Comment