Welcome to my cookbook! I have several recipes that folks have asked for, so I decided to post them here. Some are included in the ward cookbook, but many of them are things I found after that was published so I wanted a place to put them so my family had access to them. I'll add to this as I find things that I think need to be shared. If you have a recipe you'd like to add, let me know and I'll add you as a contributor.

Friday, December 19, 2014

Slow Cooker Sausage Lentil Soup

1 pound lentils
1 cup diced celery
1 cup diced onion
1 cup diced carrot
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 pound sausage (we like apple chicken sausage)
6 cups chicken or veggie broth
2 cans diced tomatoes, undrained
2 cups chopped spinach or kale
Juice of 1 lemon
1 teaspoon Canadian steak seasoning (or salt and pepper to taste)

Brown the sausage then add all ingredients to crock pot and cook on high for 4-6 hours or low for 6-8 hours. Before serving, blend 2-3 cups in blender and add back in or use immersion blender to thicken. 

No comments:

Post a Comment