Welcome to my cookbook! I have several recipes that folks have asked for, so I decided to post them here. Some are included in the ward cookbook, but many of them are things I found after that was published so I wanted a place to put them so my family had access to them. I'll add to this as I find things that I think need to be shared. If you have a recipe you'd like to add, let me know and I'll add you as a contributor.

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Quick Apple Cream Cake

4 medium Gala apples
Juice of 1 lemon (2 Tbs.)
1/4 cup flour
1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar, divided
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick)
1 frozen pound cake, thawed
1 8 oz pkg cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sour cream
1 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
1 egg yolk

Peel, core, and slice apples. Put in large micro-safe bowl, add lemon juice,  flour, 1 cup brown sugar, cinnamon and butter to bowl (do not mix). Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 3-4 minutes or until butter is melted.

Remove bowl from microwave; mix just until combined. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 2-3 minutes or until sauce is thickened.

Meanwhile, cut pound cake into sixteen even slices. In small bowl, whisk together cream cheese, sour cream, cornstarch, remaining ¼ cup brown sugar and egg yolk until smooth.

To assemble cake, arrange eight of the pound cake slices to fit evenly in bottom of 9 x 13 pan.  Spread half the cream cheese mixture evenly over pound cake. Pour half of the apple mixture (being sure to incorporate sauce) over cream cheese layer; spread to cover evenly.

Repeat layers with remaining pound cake, cream cheese mixture and apple mixture. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 4-5 minutes or until mixture is heated through.

Remove from microwave; let stand 2-3 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment