Welcome to my cookbook! I have several recipes that folks have asked for, so I decided to post them here. Some are included in the ward cookbook, but many of them are things I found after that was published so I wanted a place to put them so my family had access to them. I'll add to this as I find things that I think need to be shared. If you have a recipe you'd like to add, let me know and I'll add you as a contributor.

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Chicken Enchilada Pizza



1 pkg (13.8 oz/283 g) refrigerated pizza crust or bread dough from your bread machine
1/2 medium onion
1 jalapeño pepper
8 oz Colby & Monterey Jack or marble cheese blend (about 2 cups grated), divided
2 cups diced cooked chicken breasts
1/2 cup mild green taco sauce3 garlic cloves, pressed
1/2 cup grape tomatoes
1/2 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro

DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 425°F. Lightly brush baking stone with vegetable oil. Spread dough on bottom of pan, stretching and pressing dough to cover bottom. Bake 12–-14 minutes or until crust is golden brown. (If using dough from bread machine, you may have enough enough for 2 pizzas. If you use it for one pizza, you may have to cook it longer to cook it thoroughly.)

Meanwhile, coarsely chop onion and jalapeño. Grate cheese; combine onion, jalapeño, 1/2 cup of the cheese, chicken, taco sauce and garlic pressed; mix well.

Remove pan from oven . Sprinkle 1 cup of the cheese evenly over crust; top with chicken mixture and remaining cheese. Bake 6-–7 minutes or until crust is deep golden brown and cheese is melted. Remove pan from oven to cooling rack.4

Slice tomatoes lengthwise into quarter. Coarsely chop cilantro. Sprinkle tomatoes and cilantro over pizza. Cut pizza into 12 rectangles. Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment