Welcome to my cookbook! I have several recipes that folks have asked for, so I decided to post them here. Some are included in the ward cookbook, but many of them are things I found after that was published so I wanted a place to put them so my family had access to them. I'll add to this as I find things that I think need to be shared. If you have a recipe you'd like to add, let me know and I'll add you as a contributor.

Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Those cornbread thingies


1 cup flour
1 cup cornmeal
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp salt, 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
Add water to mix (not too thick)

 Salt and baking powder or just an estimate since I just spoon them. I use Crisco shortening to cook them. The secret is to keep grease in the pan to give better flavor.  I spoon out tablespoon sizes. You can make a smaller batches, just make flour and corn meal the same amount and sugar half of the amount. Add salt and baking powder accordingly. Enjoy. 

Try frying these in bacon grease.  These are good served with chili or anywhere you would serve cornbread. 

No comments:

Post a Comment