Welcome to my cookbook! I have several recipes that folks have asked for, so I decided to post them here. Some are included in the ward cookbook, but many of them are things I found after that was published so I wanted a place to put them so my family had access to them. I'll add to this as I find things that I think need to be shared. If you have a recipe you'd like to add, let me know and I'll add you as a contributor.

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Sugar cookies

1 Cup Butter, softened
¾ C Vegetable Oil
1¼ C Sugar (plus ¼ cup)
¾ C Powdered Sugar
2 T Water
2 Eggs
½ t Baking Soda
½ t Cream of Tarter
1 t Salt
5½ C Flour

Frosting:
½ cup butter, softened
¾ C Sour Cream
5 Cups powdered Sugar
1 t salt
¼ C Milk
Food Coloring

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cream of tarter, and salt. Set aside. In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter, vegetable oil, sugar (1¼ C), powdered sugar, and water. Slowly add in flour mixture until combined. Roll the dough into golf sized balls and place onto a non stick cookie sheet. To give the cookies a rough edge, dip the bottom of a glass into the ¼ cup sugar and press onto the cookie ball to flatten the cookie. You still want the cookie to be thicker so don’t press them to thin.
Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the bottom is lightly brown. The cookies stay soft so do not over bake.
To make the frosting: Cream together butter, sour cream, and salt. Add the powdered sugar. Add in food coloring (a few drops of the color of your choice), and the milk to the desired consistency. Spread over cooled cookies and store in an airtight container.

Makes two dozen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment