Welcome to my cookbook! I have several recipes that folks have asked for, so I decided to post them here. Some are included in the ward cookbook, but many of them are things I found after that was published so I wanted a place to put them so my family had access to them. I'll add to this as I find things that I think need to be shared. If you have a recipe you'd like to add, let me know and I'll add you as a contributor.

Monday, January 2, 2012

Guatemalan Rice

I made this for the family while we were visiting over Christmas and it was well received so I'll put it up for everyone to enjoy. It's very easy and healthy and you can really top it with whatever you like.

1/4 c olive oil
1 medium onion
1 clove garlic
1/2 c chopped carrots
1/2 c corn
1/2 c peas (or you can leave these out if you aren't a fan of them :)
1 c rice
2 c water
1 can black beans
Cheese
Tortilla chips
Toppings ex: sour cream, guacamole, salsa, cilantro, limes etc.

1. Saute onion in the olive oil.
2. Add rice and brown, stirring occasionally.
3. Add vegetables and water. Cover and let simmer until rice is cooked through.
4. After the rice is cooked turn off the heat, top with black beans and cheese and tent so that the cheese melts.
4. Top with your preferred toppings, serve up with tortilla chips and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Yep, Sarah made us dinner while they were here and this was delicious. Didn't really need to use a fork with this, you scooped it up and ate it with the chips. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete