Welcome to my cookbook! I have several recipes that folks have asked for, so I decided to post them here. Some are included in the ward cookbook, but many of them are things I found after that was published so I wanted a place to put them so my family had access to them. I'll add to this as I find things that I think need to be shared. If you have a recipe you'd like to add, let me know and I'll add you as a contributor.

Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Tomato Basil Soup

Ingredients: 
 4 Large Tomatoes Cored 
2 Packs of 10oz Cherry Tomatoes 
1 Onion Chopped 
4 Cloves Garlic 
1/2 Cup Vegetable Stock 
1/2 Tsp Black Pepper 
1 Tsp Salt 
1 Tsp Chicken Base (Optional) 
1 Tbsp EVOO 
2 Tsp Fresh Basil  
3 Bell Peppers Cored (Small ones) 
 1/3 Cup Heavy Cream (Optional) 

 Instructions: Place all the ingredients in a crockpot, put the lid on it, turn it on low, come back 7 hours later to find a beautiful smell and delicious looking soup. Lastly, remove lid and pour in 1/2 Cup heavy whipping cream and puree using an immersion blender and then place lid back on for a few minutes to heat back up. Then serve with a drizzle of cream on top (Optional), fresh basil and Parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment