Welcome to my cookbook! I have several recipes that folks have asked for, so I decided to post them here. Some are included in the ward cookbook, but many of them are things I found after that was published so I wanted a place to put them so my family had access to them. I'll add to this as I find things that I think need to be shared. If you have a recipe you'd like to add, let me know and I'll add you as a contributor.

Monday, January 8, 2018

Jalapeño popper dip #2

  • 4oz can diced jalapeños, well drained OR 4-6 Fresh Jalapeños, roasted and diced (include seeds for extra spice)
  • 8oz package cream cheese, softened
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
  • 3/4 cup + 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
  • 4 Tbsp. butter, melted
  • 1 Tbsp. dried parsley

Instructions for roasting jalapeños:
Cut fresh jalapeños in half, then place face down on a baking sheet.  Broil jalapeños until the skins blacken and bubble up.  Remove from broiler and peel outer skin.

Directions for the dip:
1. In a medium bowl, mix cream cheese and sour cream.
2. Add cheddar cheese, 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, and diced jalapeños. Mix well.
3. Spoon into 8x8 baking dish, or medium sized cast iron pan, spreading evenly.
4. In a medium bowl, mix bread crumbs, melted butter, 1/4 parmesan cheese, and dried parsley.
5. Sprinkle bread crumb topping evenly over jalapeño mixture.
6. Bake at 400˚F / 200˚C for 20 minutes, or until hot and bread crumbs are golden brown.
7. Serve with chips, warm tortillas, bread, or crackers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment