Welcome to my cookbook! I have several recipes that folks have asked for, so I decided to post them here. Some are included in the ward cookbook, but many of them are things I found after that was published so I wanted a place to put them so my family had access to them. I'll add to this as I find things that I think need to be shared. If you have a recipe you'd like to add, let me know and I'll add you as a contributor.

Sunday, December 25, 2016

Tembleque (Puerto Rican Coconut Pudding)

Ingredients:
2 (14 ounce) cans coconut milk
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 cup cornstarch
ground cinnamon
Instructions: Stir coconut milk, sugar, and salt together in a saucepan. Spoon a few tablespoons of the coconut milk mixture into a small bowl and stir cornstarch into the mixture to dissolve; pour into the mixture in the saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil while stirring constantly; cook until smooth and thick, about 5 minutes.

Pour the coconut milk mixture into molds, and refrigerate until cold and firm.

Cut around edge of mold to loosen, remove from mold and sprinkle with cinnamon.

1 comment: