Welcome to my cookbook! I have several recipes that folks have asked for, so I decided to post them here. Some are included in the ward cookbook, but many of them are things I found after that was published so I wanted a place to put them so my family had access to them. I'll add to this as I find things that I think need to be shared. If you have a recipe you'd like to add, let me know and I'll add you as a contributor.

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Drop Sugar Cookies

You can take the time to roll these out, but really, that's a pain in the rear so use a nice big scoop and make some delicious cookies (nice big soft ones) that aren't overly sweet but are sweet enough to satisfy your craving for soft sugar cookies.

1 cup sugar
1 cup shortening
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
(cream above together)

1 cup buttermilk (OR 1 cup minus 1 tb. milk and 1 tb. lemon juice)
1 tsp. baking soda
(stir together, set aside)

4 cups flour
1/2 tsp. salt
(add to creamed mixture, alternating with buttermilk)

Drop by spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet, sprinkle with colored sugar and bake at 375 for 15 minutes for giant cookies.  You can frost these instead of sprinkling them with sugar if you prefer a sweeter cookie.  Use a thin frosting, almost an icing consistency.

No comments:

Post a Comment